Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Fall Break

I'm on fall break right now. Today, Tuesday, is actually the last day. It makes me kinda sad. I know I haven't exactly accomplished anything. I should probably go back and explain Saturday:

I woke up at 10:30. I didn't get out of bed until around noon. Then around 1 I went to the grocery store. I was back at my apartment by 2. That was it. I laid down on the couch and that was it. Wait! I cooked a forzen pizza (fabulous! I was surprised) I sorta watched TV and some dvd M*A*S*H. Then I made spaghetti. I made the best damn spaghetti sauce of my life on Saturday. I've actually hidden it so that I won't have to share it. I rushed back to my apartment yesterday (I thought my roommate was coming back) so that she couldn't eat it all, or really any of it. I am such an only child sometimes. That's pretty much my Saturday. I also went ot sleep early, around 10:30. It was nice.

Sunday. Sunday was lovely. I found a cricket crouching amongst my things. I screamed. Quite loudly. The bastard hopped into my closet, which has stuff strewn about the floor. So, I pulled out and shook each thing in the bottom of my closet. I finally found him. We had a showdown of me chasing him about the closet. I think I won. A couple of his legs were separated from his body. Then I flushed him down the toilet. I'm afraid of crickets. They hop and they're unpredictable. When I told my dad about it, he likened it to the scene from Dr. No in which James Bond kills a spider.

Shortly after that, I went home. I didn't really want to go home, but I kinda needed to. Dad and I watched the Yankees game together on Sunday. That was nice. I don't know what we would do without baseball and the Simpsons. We would have nothing to talk about and we'd never do anything together. Mom and I went shopping. I got some new sweaters and some new long-sleeved shirts. And boots. I got a new pair of black boots. I adore them! And my new off-white long sweater.

Then Monday I had blood taken. My doctor felt that my white count was high, so she wanted to re-test me, since I haven't been sick or had allergies recently. Personally, I think the whole doctor business is a waste of my time. After this, I came back to my apartment. I thought my roommate was coming back Monday as well and I had to protect my spaghetti. She'll be back today, sometime. No matter.

Last night was terrible. I honestly cried after the Yankees lost. It broke my heart. And now, I'm stuck in a bad position. Do I root for the Indians or the Red Sox? I have to choose: team that knocked out my team or the Red Sox, the enemy. I know that in college football, my dad will root for the Big 12 team, no matter who it is. Does baseball work that way? Is it good for the Yankees if Boston wins? Maybe I should just root for Colorado and not take an interest in the ALCS. I don't want my baseball to be over for the year. (I don't have any sport left!) But I don't like any of the teams.

I'm procrastinating. I don't want to do my stuff. I want to laze about in my pajamas all day and do nothing. But I can't. I need to get up, make breakfast (French toast, I've decided) and get to it. Boo!

I'll probably be back later. Because I hate homework. Oh! Participate in my poll if I'm able to get it to work. If you have any comments or want to elaborate, just do a comment on this post.

**********Note: I can't get the thing to work where I put up a poll. So, answer this question as a comment, if you want:
Should the Yankees keep Torre? Your choices are: Yes, No, and Give him 1 more year before we decide.

No comments: