Saturday, October 6, 2007

I'm in

I took the plunge I was talking about. I just dove right in and I'm glad I did. I don't have buyer's remorse, so to speak, like I did in similar situations. I may change my mind later. But for right now, I'm just going to enjoy the view.

I really wanted to write something yesterday, but nothing had happened yet. And I didn't want to write a boring post in which I detail my day of classes.

Speaking of classes...I have a monsterous to-do list this weekend. I would love to get it all done today, but I don't know if that will happen.

I have to do a poetry anthology, in which I collect 25 poems that I really like. The catch is that they must be contemporary, meaning in the last 100 years. This really narrows my prospects.

I have to do a paper over a DH Lawrence story. In case you don't know, he writes mostly about sex. And I'm pretty sure my story, You Touched Me, is all about sex. The whole class will be reading it. Hopefully I can come up with enough material relating to the story so that I don't have to fill with my own personal experience.

I have a research paper over John Donne. It's due at the end of the semester, but I'd like to get it out of the way.

I have an essay test over Shakespeare's sonnets on Friday. I should probably study for it...

I have to do part two of a midterm for my soc class.

I drew a lovely picture in my notebook, but I need to recreate it in my sketchbook. It is from Eat Pray Love. I decided to draw what I imagined it looked like. If you've read it, it's the person with 4 legs (to stay balanced), a head full of foliage, and seeing the world through the heart. I had the hardest part with the legs.

I also need to go to the grocery store. I'm really almost out of food that I'll eat. I should probably do this first because "tut, tut, it looks like rain."

Let me see...after I wake up from my coma, I'll write more. I'll also need to read more Eat Pray Love first too.

No comments: