Friday, August 17, 2007

Me



Well, that's a picture of me. It's not the best in the world. It's from last spring. I was in my dorm and I was bored, so I decided to take pictures on my photobooth program. I would put up that picture on my profile, but I had some difficulties doing it. And I think I want to use a more recent picture of me. But I don't have any, so you'll have to wait until I take some. I should be a couple of days or weeks or months.

I really wish I took more pictures. But I don't know what to photograph. And I don't want to be the awkward person that always demands their friends pose for a picture. Then again, my friends are at the age where they want to look perfect or at least decent for their pictures. That's not unreasonable, but it certainly takes away the aspect of candid photography. I tried to put together a photo album. There are large gaps. I mostly have pictures from dances or plays or holidays or costumes. But other than that, nothing. My mom says it's because I didn't want her to take my picture. And that is true. There are so many moments in my life that I have ruined by being embarrassed and now I don't have any memories of them, except me being a pain in the ass. But that is another post or two in itself.

This will sound like a strange request, but if you're reading my blog, please make some sort of a comment. It doesn't have to be everytime, by any means. But I would like to know if anyone is reading this thing. And most writers do want some words of encouragement. Or at least this writer does.

Well, tomorrow at 8, I can officially check in to my first apartment and move in. I'm kinda excited. I'm a little nervous because my roommate has been living there all summer, so she's had a while to make the apartment hers. We each have our own rooms and bathrooms, but we share the kitchen and living room. I'm sure there will be some minor squabbles, but hopefully we'll have more good days than bad.

I have a million and one things that I want to say, but they all seem wildly inappropriate for a blog. Not like they're dirty thoughts, but they just won't make too much sense to anyone else. I guess I could give it a try, but I want to know who all is reading my blog before I spill deep, dark secrets.

School starts Monday. I cannot get over that. Last year I moved into my dorm like a week before school started. I guess it was closer to 2 weeks. (I remember the first night I spent in my dorm. It was a good night, involving a person I need to get over and forget. Too bad it's not that easy, isn't it?) Anyway, I had a lot of time to get settled into my room and get used to the place before school started. I didn't have to spend my sleepless night as the one right before the first day of school. I'll admit it, I could spend Saturday night up there. But I don't want to. I want to come home, spend the night in my bed, make sure I have everything, and go to church on Sunday, then drive back.

The drive back is going to be miserable. The drive back is always miserable. Last year it was when I did a lot of my crying. Inevitably, the weekend wouldn't work out like I wanted, and it would make me sad. Turn over a new leaf, right? Begin this year with a different, better outlook, right? OK. Fine. You get into my head and make it better. I can't do it.

This post is going nowhere. I think right now I'm providing background information so that you can see my transformation from perfect (or nearly so) to normal.

Anyway, bottom line, if you read this blog, I would appreciate it if you would leave a comment. Thanks.

No comments: