Friday, September 21, 2007

I'm not sure what to say...

I'm not sure what to say. It seems like so many things have happened lately that seem noteworthy.

Firstly, I hate when people break promises. Trust is a major thing with me. It goes right up there along with respect. Break a promise to me, that's disrespecting me. I don't like that one bit. I also don't like that I feel the need to retroactively assume that they were lying to me. I know you're going to tell me to just cut my losses with this person. And I agree, I should.

Nextly, I don't like that one of my professors told us that this project her son did in college sounded fun, so we were going to do it as well. I'm sorry, but I don't think a 4-5 page paper sounds fun.

I am a bit perturbed that my mom decided to make my car appointment (the fuse box has a short in it) for this weekend. Not fall break which is in a couple of weeks, but this weekend. The weekend where I get invited to a party by someone and really want to go. I'm actually fairly certain that when I say I'm not coming home on a weekend, she manufactures an excuse for me to come home. But I told her that I have this party that I want to go to. That way I'll spend one night at home and not two. If I spent two, that would lead me back to the firstly thing that I hate.

On the plus side, there is the party. I'm part of the staff for a student publication. The party is being thrown by one of the editors. My head editor and I have plans to get dressed up and go together. I'm really glad that she's going. Because even though I don't know her very well, I do know that I won't somehow end up stranded at the host's apartment if I'm unable to drive myself home.

I know what you may be thinking. She's not 21 yet. I know. I'm not. I want to go ahead and skip right ahead to 21 this year, instead of just being 20, but I don't think it's going to work. Anyway, yes, I'm going to a party where there's drinking. Yes, I'll probably drink. But I'm not going to drink to the point where I'm so freaking nauseous that it's touch and go on whether or not I'll make it home to throw up. I think that's rude to do.

Anyway, we're going to get dressed up in black dresses and heels. It's a classy themed party. I'm really excited, in case you can't tell. I think it could be the first of a long line of parties with these people.

So, my tummy hurt when I went to bed. I thought, never fear, hopefully you'll just throw up. (I'd rather throw up than be miserable) I didn't throw up. And my tummy still hurts this morning. It hurts enough, in fact, that I don't want to drink any coffee. Which in turn makes my head hurt. I wouldn't say I'm caffeine dependent...but I need my morning coffee and afternoon Dr. Pepper to have a good day. Even now, I feel my resistence weakening. I'm going to end up making some cofee. Why? Because I believe it's a good luck charm.

No comments: