Saturday, September 1, 2007

Weekend

I just spent my first night in my apartment all by myself. I was kinda nervous about it. Not only did I lock the privacy thing on the front door (which I guess keeps even the people having keys from coming in) but I locked the deadbolt on my individual door. I wasn't taking any chances. I also turned off the dryer before going to sleep. Usually my roommate and I have no qualms leaving the dryer on at night, but I was too scared to do it by myself. I woke up refreshed though. Except for the fact that my phone had, once again, mysteriously turned off and so I didn't take my medicine on time.

Hopefully I won't have to worry about it too much longer. I think we might possibly be going to get my put on my mom's cell phone plan today, which means I get a new phone. Of course I'm going to dole out over $100 to get the spiffy kind of phone that I want. But what was babysitting for if not to buy the things I want?

I hate packing to go home. True, I have found an easier method for this year. I commandeered a laundry basket from home to throw my stuff in. But it's awful. I have to think about the things I only have in my apartment and are not at home that I will need. It's really stressful work.

I'm trying to hurry up and eat some breakfast and then start the dishwasher. Because I'm paranoid, I don't want to leave right after I start it. My roommate is coming back to the apartment tomorrow, but I don't want it to have flooded. I know. I'm crazy. I know. These thing don't normally happen. But I don't want to take any chances. I don't usually have such good luck and amazing things have been happening lately and I don't want to ruin it. Serendipity: I love you, but you frighten me. You've been unusually good to me lately and I don't want to lose you.

Oh! So remember how the other day I was complaining about technology and creepy people. Well, there's some "guy" that's been texting me and he sent me a dirty picture that I didn't appreciate. He won't stop. And he's blaming me, saying that I'm not giving him a chance to know me and we could have something. I know what you might be saying: turn that S.O.B. into the police. Well, I don't have enough information on him to do it. I have what could be his first name. I have where he could have graduated from high school. And I have a cell phone number. But the police are "too busy" to take care of stuff like that. I guess ticketing people for running yellow lights is more important. I've also heard that unless he outright threatens me, there's nothing they can actually do. Oh how I wish one could block cell phone numbers like one can block screen names on AIM.

Just started the dishwasher. I'm curious about whether or not my roommate will empty it when she hets back on Sunday or if I'll end up doing it on Monday. It's not that it's a huge inconvenience, but I'm the one that ALWAYS empties the dishwasher.

Alright. Well, wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ew. What the heck kind of person would send you gross picture texts!? Thats awful!